Our school drama club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm in drama club this year and our musical is Footloose, so wish me luck. I can dance, act, and sing (well, I'm in tune, that counts right?) so I think I may get a good part, but there are a lot of people going out for it and they might pick a senior instead of me, a lowly freshman, but then my mom says if I'm good then they'll pick me so wish me luck and I'll keep you up to date!

Lotsa luck. Throws four leaf clovers. In our school they never pick us freshman. So we try out just for the heck of it.

Ya, when I applied to my school, its private so we have to apply, they told us that freshman hardly ever get parts, so dont get offended. But theres so many smart people at my school (I'm not saying it braggingly, they're all a hell of a lot smarter than me) that to "make myself have a 'gimick'" to quote my annoying mother, I have to try out for everything, which I'm fine with. The play I'm looking forward to more than the musical. I'm a bit iffy about my singing, even though I sing well. But its just something that bothers me... I have no self confidence in that area, for some odd reason. But my acting is just fun.

WEll. That was egotistical of me.

no it wasnt!!
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!and if you dont get a big part, chorus is still on stage and acting!!!! ;) if you give your all then you can steal the show, trust me!!

well this year my school is Cinderella....so wish me luck as well! i really want a good part but i highly doubt i will because of a major problem: im not my director's favorite and im short! lol!! :lol: but i will make the best of any part i recieve because i will be on stage doing what i love to do!

Good luck, Vikki! I'm short too, but Danny Devito isn't a tall guy himself and look where he is! What part in Cindrella are you going for Vikki?

thanks!
i want to either get the role of a stepsister or suprise suprise cinderella! :lol: i know its the lead role and that is so generic but i would love to be cinderella! even though she is a passive character and is the sweet natured girl..hardly any fun....i think it would be fun to give her more depth than most people give her. give her a double attitude defending herself yet remaining mute, plus it would be soo much fun to act out "my own little corner" because of all the mood changes and her acting it all as well! she has such a passion in side of her that can just take over her wishy washy ways. i think she has this passion that can take everything else away: she is longing to get out of the household, be who she really is, experiment life for herself and break out in her own wings plus love the prince...lol! and i think it would be so much fun to play that because her passion matches my passion for wanting to act and be on stage! i just would have soo much fun playing that role!
but a stepsister would be fun...be completly off the wall and such a snob!! because of the jealousy factor!so much fun! :lol:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :woot: the cast list was posted yesterday and i cant believe this but i got the part of: CINDERELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: im still in shock! but i wanted to let you guys know! ;)GOOD LUCK MANDI!!!! im sure you will be fine!

Go Vicki! Yay! Lotsa luck Mandi. Us freshman gotta stick together. The way it's probably going to work is I'm going to be stubborn and keep trying out and eventually, she's going to have to give me a small part. I'm thinking by junior year.

we have a drama class at our school too. I took it. And i was wanting to be cinderella, but i got stuck with narrater. they told narraters to dress up in black so now i'm going for the gothic narrater. narrater is very very very boring.

i guess you must be doing a play version or something different... :blink: we are doing the Rodgers and Hammerstien version.... in my own little corner in my own little chair i can be what ever i want to be, on the wing of my fancy i can fly anywhere and the world will open its arms to me...im a young...blah blah blah! :lol:

Go Vikki! The poor drama club is falling apart in my school. The person who use to run it retired. So they have to advisor for the club right now...I can see why SING, Canazerro's Shakespear vignette, and the dance club are dominating with their own performances. There's suppsoe to be a multicultural show of some sort in the spring also. More things to join! :D

I'm still waiting for my nice email that says I got a part in sophmen SING...but there still auditions on Wednesday...so we'll wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back